2023 NJ Appellate Practice - Annotated
Print or E-Book Editions include Online Access at no additional charge
Expires Upon Publication of the Next Print Edition
The Online Edition includes automatic enrollment in email alerts that will inform you of new cases and statutes that have a significant impact on your subscribed treatise(s) -- specifically keyed to relevant paragraphs in your book or E-Book.You may choose to un-enroll from this service.
Current Edition: 2023
Print Edition Commentaries Are Current Through:
252 N.J. 40; 473 N.J. Super. 386; L. 2022 c. 120
Online Edition - via Gann's What's New Feature - is Current Through:
N.J. cases app'd for pub. on October 2, 2023; U.S. Sup Ct cases through 216 L.Ed.2d 1178; N.J. Chap. Laws through L. 2023 c. 96
| ||What's the Value of the Online Service?|| |
Gannlaw.com Links Primary Law to Gann Commentary to Provide an Integrated New Jersey Research System
- You Can't Fit It in a Book:
- All online treatises contain the full text of all NJ rules and statutes, and almost all cited court decisions.
- Access to history of all cited New Jersey statutes & court rules.
- The Law Changes:
- Keep current with developments in the law between annual print editions.
- New law will be highlighted with a "What's New" link.
- Faster Searches:
- Find a key word or phrase through boolean searches.
- Find court decisions, statutes or other primary law references.
- Find cases by name or citation.
- Each hit is displayed within a detailed Table of Contents format, revealing its substantive context.
- Enhanced Functionality:
- Cut and paste text into briefs and other documents.
- Return to your last ten searches.
- Jump directly to any part of the text via a detailed Table of Contents.
- Pagination for the Online Edition matches the print edition, so you can easily refer back and forward between them. (Like putting sticky notes in your print edition, or going directly to a page in the online edition to look for the extras (cases, updates, history, etc.))
Preview This Product Online
Sample The Search
This price is for a single license, and includes shipping and handling charges. When two or more books are shipped as part of the same order, the shipping and handling charges are discounted.
Single user only
|Email Alerts Included (Learn More)|| || |
New Gann 'Alert' Service - Your Gann Online subscription will include automatic enrollment in email alerts that will inform you of new cases and statutes that have a significant impact on your subscribed treatise(s) -- specifically keyed to relevant paragraphs in your book or E-Book. You may choose to un-enroll from this feature
|Synopsis|| || |
NJ Appellate Practice - Annotated
General Principles of Appealability
- Limits on appellate jurisdiction
- Final versus interlocutory appeals
- Scope in administrative and criminal appeals
- Original appellate jurisdiction
Standard of Review Issues on Appeal
Detailed Examination of Appellate Procedures
- Who may appeal
- Time for appeal be taken
- How taken and perfected
- Appellate record
- Briefs, appendices and other appellate papers
- Motion practice, stays, bail and emergent relief
- Calendar and argument
- Dispositions and reconsiderations
- Assessment of fees and costs
Appellate Division and the Supreme Court
- Role and jurisdiction of each court
- Appeals as of right and discretionary appeals
- Special appeals procedures (sentencing, civil settlement, etc.)
- Certification of Questions of Law from federal courts
|Terms of Purchase. Please Read.|| |
When you purchase "Online Access with Paperback" or "Online Access with E-Book**", online access to that treatise will will expire upon publication of the next print edition, roughly one year after publication of the prior print edition.
Immediate access will be granted upon subscription to an online treatise, whether paid by credit card or invoiced to an established Gann account. However, invoices for online access must be paid within 10 business days. Otherwise, continued access may be denied.