2018 NJ Personal Injury Recovery - Print/Online
Print & E-Book Editions Now Include Online Access At No Additional Charge
Expires Upon Publication of the Next Print Edition
The Online Edition includes automatic enrollment in email alerts that will inform you of new cases and statutes that have a significant impact on your subscribed treatise(s) -- specifically keyed to relevant paragraphs in your book or E-Book.
You may choose to un-enroll from Gann Alerts through a link we will provide with each Alert.
Formerly Entitled NJ Comparative Fault & Liability Apportionment
Next edition to be published on or about November 2018
The "What's New" Feature Brings The Online Service Current Through:
Gannlaw.com Links Primary Law to Gann Commentary to Provide an Integrated New Jersey Research System
* This price is for a single copy, and includes shipping and handling charges. When two or more books are shipped as part of the same order, the shipping and handling charges are discounted. This is a single user product
|Email Alerts Included (Learn More)|
New Gann 'Alert' Service - Your Gann Online subscription will include automatic enrollment in email alerts that will inform you of new cases and statutes that have a significant impact on your subscribed treatise(s) -- specifically keyed to relevant paragraphs in your book or E-Book. You may choose to un-enroll from this feature
For the first time, NJ attorneys have access - in a convenient, single paperback volume - to a detailed study of New Jersey's complex comparative fault and apportionment laws.This treatise provides a practical summary and analysis of NJ laws governing issues of comparative fault, cause and damages apportionment, rights of contribution, express and implied indemnification, and joint and several liability. The format and organization of this work provide ready access to some of the most vexing daily trial court issues concerning:
- The Rogers/Cartel rules of partial pre-trial settlement (and their exceptions) in multi-defendant litigation;
- the difficult evolution of contribution and joint and several liability rules applicable to ordinary civil cases, Tort Claims Act cases and environmental tort litigation;
- a chapter-by-chapter accounting of case specific rules which dictate different fault assignment and damage apportionment results in discrete areas of the law;
- an overview of those rules which influence ultimate issues of fault shifting in the matter of immunities, express and implied indemnities, and vicarious liability doctrine;
- the rules governing apportionment problems in the matter of the predecessor torts, pre-existing conditions, concurrent causes, indivisible damages and successor torts;
- a chapter-by-chapter accounting of the rules governing comparative fault pleadings and procedure, choice of law considerations, 'ultimate outcome' instructions to juries, arguments to juries, compromise, and quotient verdicts, ;double molding; of comparative fault percentages, additur/remittitur in percentages, Turon rule inquiries, verdict molding difficulties, and the collateral source statute.
When you purchase "Paperback plus Online Access" or "E-Book (includes Online Access)**" , online access to that book which will expire upon publication of the next print edition, roughly one year after publication of the prior print edition.
When you purchase "Online Access Only", such online access will expire one year from the date of purchase.
Purchasing online access to a Gann treatise entitles you to a single user license. Under that license, only the registered user may access the licensed online treatise. Access to that online treatise by other individuals using the login name of the registered user is prohibited, and will result in the loss of the registered user's license for online access.
Immediate access will be granted upon subscription to an online treatise, whether paid by credit card or invoiced to an established Gann account. However, invoices for online access must be paid within 10 business days. Otherwise, continued access may be denied.