PA Federal Practice Rules
Paperback Edition: 2013
Comes With FREE Online Access
Paperback Edition Commentaries Are Current Through: 874 F.Supp.2d 1383; 284 F.R.D. 552
The "What's New" Feature Brings The Online Edition Current Through:
923 F.Supp.2d 1381; 292 F.R.D. 160; 184 L.Ed.2d 542
Gannlaw.com Links Primary Law to Gann Commentary to Provide an Integrated New Jersey Research System
You Can't Fit It in a Book:
- All online treatises contain the full text of all cited court decisions, NJ rules & NJ statutes.
- Access to history of all cited New Jersey statutes & court rules.
The Law Changes:
- Keep current with developments in the law between annual print editions.
- New law will be highlighted with a "What's New" link.
- Find a key word or phrase through boolean searches.
- Find court decisions, statutes or other primary law references.
- Find cases by name or citation.
- Each hit is displayed within a detailed Table of Contents format, revealing its substantive context.
- Cut and paste text into briefs and other documents.
- Return to your last ten searches.
- Jump directly to any part of the text via a detailed Table of Contents.
- Pagination for the Online Edition matches the print edition, so you can easily refer back and forward between them. (Like putting sticky notes in your print edition, or going directly to a page in the online edition to look for the extras (cases, updates, history, etc.))
- Vaira & Riley
- Former United States Attorney - Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Member, American Law Institute
The author provides an unparalleled insider's insight into the operations, practices and procedures of Pennsylvania's Eastern District. A much needed addition to the working library of every federal practitioner, this comprehensive, easy-to-use and easy-to-carry paperback volume includes:
- An up-to-date guide to case law interpreting and applying the Court's Local Rules.
- An analysis of the history and development of the Rules and their relationship to Pennsylvania state practice.
- Practical tips on compliance with the Rules and on interacting with the Court's ancillary officers such as the Court Clerk, United States Probation Office and United States Marshals Service.
- An invaluable overview of individual variations in practice and procedure among the Court's Judges and Magistrates.
- FULL TEXT of the following: the Eastern District's Local Civil and Criminal Rules, Local Admiralty Rules and the new Local Bankruptcy Rules, with amendments; the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Criminal Procedure, Evidence, and Appellate Procedure; and the Third Circuit Local Rules, Internal Operating Procedures and Disciplinary Rules.
- Clerk's Office Procedure Handbook and Telephone Directory for Judges, Magistrate Judges, the Clerk's Office, the Probation Office and Pretrial Services.
- Online access to that book which will expire upon publication of the next print edition, roughly one year after publication of the prior print edition.
- Purchasing online access to a Gann treatise entitles you to a single user license. Under that license, only the registered user may access the licensed online treatise. Access to that online treatise by other individuals using the login name of the registered user is prohibited, and will result in the loss of the registered user's license for online access.