NJ Arrest, Search & Seizure
Available For Shipment - June 22, 2013
Shipment will start on or about June 22, 2013
Paperback Edition: 2013-2014
Paperback Edition Commentaries Are Current Through: 210 N.J. 28; 425 N.J. Super. 227; 182 L.Ed.2d 565; L. 2012 c. 11
The "What's New" Feature Brings The Online Edition Current Through:
213 N.J. 279; 430 N.J. Super. 131; 181 L.Ed.2d 448; L. 2013 c. 53
A Comprehensive Guide to N.J. and Federal Law
This single volume paperback provides an in-depth analysis of both New Jersey and federal law governing the critical areas of arrest, search and seizure. It discusses the guarantees set out in the N.J. Constitution (1947) and the United states Constitution, and tracks case law in both the State and federal courts. This clearly written presentation goes beyond the black-letter law and focuses on the fact-sensitive nature of arrest, search, and seizure cases, explaining in a straight-forward language the rules, their exceptions and even the directions in which future decisions appear likely to go. Includes:
Article 1, paragraphs 7, 8, 10 and 11 of the N.J. Consitution
- What constitutes an arrest and what rights are triggered by
an arrest or in-custody setting
- When a warrant is required for search or seizure and what
the exceptions are
- What consitutes 'probable cause' for an arrest, search or
- A wide variety of special cases and special circumstances, including electronic surveillance, motor
vehicle searches, 'stop and frisk' cases, the unknown informant, regulatory searches, when the
involvement of private citizens becomes 'state action', use of jailhouse informants, interrogations
without a lawyer, and more.
- The consequences of a violation of the law; the
Amendments IV, V, VI, XIV of the U.S. Constitution
Case law from all N.J. courts and the U.S. Supreme Court covering:
- When you purchase "Paperback plus Online Access" or "E-Book (includes Online Access)**" , online access to that book which will expire upon publication of the next print edition, roughly one year after publication of the prior print edition.
- When you purchase "Online Access Only", such online access will expire one year from the date of purchase.
- Purchasing online access to a Gann treatise entitles you to a single user license. Under that license, only the registered user may access the licensed online treatise. Access to that online treatise by other individuals using the login name of the registered user is prohibited, and will result in the loss of the registered user's license for online access.
- Immediate access will be granted upon subscription to an online treatise, whether paid by credit card or invoiced to an established Gann account. However, invoices for online access must be paid within 10 business days. Otherwise, continued access may be denied.